<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Now that the Holidays have come to a close and we approach the end of yet another year (and the first anniversary of livingfilm). I will now prepare to continue my journey writing about film. I hope over the past year I have been able to somewhat articulate my passion for film. But, with each post I feel it is almost impossible to completely convey. I know I have been a bit of a lazy blogger, but I plan to post with more regularity. There are So many films and film makers that I have yet been able to discuss and share, not to mention returning to those I have previously covered. I find some things are very difficult to express in words, film is such an emotional art (for me it is anyway), and finding the words to express why I always cry at the end of I Vitteloni, or the chills I get hearing a Bernard Herrmann score, is a difficult task. For some people film is a way to spend an afternoon in an air-conditioned theater on the hottest day of the year, or to kill the silence of an empty evening. For me film is a Religion, arguably more profane than those practiced in churches, yet, just as powerful.
My greatest joy, besides enjoying the films I love myself, is sharing them with other people. I hope that in the coming year I am able to find ways to spark your interests in the films I love. In any case, I'll try.
-Truly

1 Comments:

Blogger FilmStocker said...

Thanks for writing your blog this year. i just wanted to let you know I think you have a great site (loved the Marlene Dietrich recipes btw!). Hope you can take a look at mine sometime.

film-stock.blogspot.com

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Web Counters