<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"

Friday, December 09, 2005

Ivan the Terrible: Parts One & Two

Due to my busy schedule I've not found the time to write about any of the profoundly wonderful films I've been watching. So I will just be dropping a few quick post with only the slightest outline of these wonderful films. If you have further questions, drop me a line and I will then elaborate with more detail.




Sergei Eisenstein's Ivan the Terrible is one of the great cinematic achievements. After only one viewing my faith in the power of cinema has been restored to a new high. Among the many incredible concepts that Eisenstein fills these films with, is the way he represents the different characters as different animals. Ivan himself is represented as a eagle, and his costume, make-up, and even his movements and gestures are choreographed to suggest a bird-like quality. Genius! I highly recommend watching these films.

1 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Hey Derelict, I miss your posts! How am I supposed to charm my new boyfriends with high-brow film comments without you?

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Web Counters