<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Groucho, I Love You!


I never would have thought that I would become one of those people that loves the Marx Brothers. I mean, it has always seemed to be a certain type of person that was really into them. And, I foolishly have always categorized The Marx Brothers with The Three Stooges, which I still hate. But Groucho is SO funny! He just slays me.

I have a certain fondness for the other brothers, Chico I think would be my second favorite, followed by Harpo. Harpo does have some brilliant moments, but his style kind of gets boring sometimes. Zeppo. Now really I shouldn't take it out on Zeppo, because he is the straight man. But the other brothers don't need a straight man, the rest of the world is their straight man, and Zeppo is kind of just dead weight. I'm sure he was very nice, but he was a bore. Groucho on the other hand is a genius. He is kind of like a funnier Woody Allen minus the Bergman. I'm reading this book HELLO, I MUST BE GOING -GROUCHO AND HIS FRIENDS and it is also hilarious. I had to buy it, the celebrity endorsements were unbelievable. Everyone from King Vidor, and Mae West, to Jacques Tati and Woody Allen. I couldn't pass it up, and I'm glad I didn't because it's so fucking funny. Hopefully it will help me pass the time tomorrow while I wait to be called for Jury duty.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

you would die if you saw this shirt that nate wears all the time - it has a sketch of groucho and underneath his mug it reads, "big brother is watching you!" how fantastic is that! i'm thinking about making them for giant dwarf!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

Omigod Sue, If you make them, I will totally buy one! I was thinking of looking for one of those shirts that say "I'm a Marxist" with a picture of the Marx Bros. on them. But it would be way cooler if I wore a shirt you made!

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Web Counters