<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"

Friday, September 09, 2005

Easter Parade


I'm just sitting on a wonderfully rainy summer afternoon watching the delightful Technicolor musical Easter Parade, starring Judy Garland, Fred Astaire, Ann Miller and Peter Lawford. This film is so much fun I don't care that it isn't Easter. So much talent! I really wish that actors still had to be so multi-talented. Now we are lucky if actors are merely attractive, charisma isn't necessary. Good acting now is often measured in how convincing the actor looks, or how much weight they gained/lost to play the part. Well fuck those people. I'll take Judy Garland, and Fred Astaire, two actors who would never get a job based on their good looks, but boy did they have talent.

1 Comments:

Blogger polly conway said...

Damn straight! Oh, Easter Parade, I love you and your average-looking actors!

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Web Counters