<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"

Monday, February 28, 2005

Another Year of Disappointment


Marty
Originally uploaded by livingfilm.
Once again, Marty did not win the Academy Award, and I was denied the chance to see him accept his award through the tears in my eyes. I tend to have very little respect for the Academy Awards, the reasons are too numerous to mention, yet I know how badly Martin Scorsese would love to win one, and it breaks my heart that he has once again been denied the honor. Even more so when you consider that people like Kevin Costner, Mel Gibson and Ron Howard have been honored with the Best Director Award!

As you know I am a strong supporter for Clint Eastwood's direction of Million Dollar Baby, in fact I think it surpasses his work on Unforgiven, but since he already has one Oscar, I would not be sad if he didn't have a match. Marty is my idol, his passion for film inspires me to no end. I only pray that the next time around it is his. And my tears will be even more sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Web Counters