<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Simone Simon


Simone Simon
Originally uploaded by livingfilm.

Just last night I watched Jean Renoir's La Bete Humaine, starring Jean Gabin and Simone Simon. I had been meaning to watch it for years, but didn't get around to renting it until yesterday. As I watched, I couldn't help notice how lovely and beguiling Simone Simon was in this film. I think the only other film I have seen her in is Cat People. I was shocked and saddened today to find that she died only yesterday. What crazy timing! She will be missed, yet she will live forever in the films she made. The title of the post is a link to a short bio.
This week has been big for Hollywood Obituaries, with the deaths of Sandra Dee, Dan O'Herlihy & Hunter S. Thomson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Web Counters